Britain in 2007. A Portrait a Day from photographers around the country

Friday, July 13, 2007

Ian Morris Butchers, Heald Green

The final shot from John's terrific set - for now.

They are all shot traditionally on black and white film, and developed by him at home - probably still the cheapest way to take good photos.

This is what he writes about it:

This project was inspired by UK film photography group The Man in the White Suit

It consists of a series of pictures of and about people whose jobs or sports mean that they wear white.

Everyone featured was asked for permission before a portrait was taken - only those who gave permission were photographed.

The portraits are all undirected (i.e. I didn't ask people to pose, just that I be able to take a picture of them in their working environment).

I've been privileged to meet some splendid people in the course of this project, and would like to extend my deepest thanks to everyone who has participated so far.

If you've taken part, and are waiting for your picture to appear, I apologise - it's taken me longer than I expected to get through the films and process them.

If you'd like to take part, and are fairly local to Manchester City Centre or Stockport, I can be contacted via Flickrmail. I can't promise you fame and riches, but I will print a 7x5 for you of every shot I take of you, and won't take up a lot of your time taking the portrait.

No comments: